Accidents are natural with pets in the home. Whether it is because your dog is too excited to see you or scared of something random, peeing on carpet can happen anytime. Dog urine not only stains your carpet but it also makes your carpet smell. However, there’s no need to panic.
There are various methods you can use to remove the smell of dog urine and its stains. You don’t necessarily have to use any chemical to clean the mess.
The first step to removing dog urine smell from your carpets is cleaning dog urine. Here’s how to clean dog urine and its smell.
- Blot the spot- before using any cleaning products to remove the dog pee smell, removing the pee itself is important. If it is a fresh mess, cover the spot with paper towels or a clean white cloth and gently press with your hands to soak up the liquid. Repeat the process until the spot is dry.
- Find the dried pee stain- if your home smells like dog pee but there’s no fresh stain, it is probably an old one. To find a dried pee stain you can’t find where it is then use a UV flashlight. Dog pee contains phosphorus which UV light illuminates. Once found dilute the stain with water first and then blot it out.
- Enzyme-neutralizing cleaner- After diluting or blotting the stain, use an enzyme neutralizer. This cleaner breaks down molecules causing bad odors-the protein-based molecules in urine. Spray the spot with the neutralizer and let it sit for 10 minutes. Blot with a clean towel.
- Replace or launder items that retain smell- If odor still remains treating the spot with enzyme neutralizer, wash the items with cool water in the washing machine. Air dry instead of using a dryer to avoid shrinkage.
- Use a carpet cleaner- people often use a steam cleaner as a carpet cleaner. But, to get rid of set in stains and odors, using a proper carpet cleaner is important. You can either call professional carpet cleaners or hire a carpet cleaning machine.
What to do when your dog frequently pees on the carpet or sofa?
Cleaning up accidents is one thing but if accidents occur every day, it can be quite a tough and time-consuming task.
Just like children, pets need to be potty and pee trained as well. But the process is a little different.
Eliminate any scent of pee from carpets, couches and other furniture. Launder clothes with pee smell. You can put a small piece of paper towel or cloth smeared with your pet’s pee at the exact spot where you want your pet to pee. Do this for a couple of times and your pet should get the hint.
Also, try to train your pet to think that the carpet and the couch or any other special piece of furniture is a restricted area. It can help with excess hair on upholstery and couches as well.
Many of us think of pets like family members, so not allowing them on couches and carpets doesn’t seem like a kind option. One solution to it is dedicating a blanket to your pet and allowing on couches and carpets while on that blanket. It makes things simpler for everyone. Free call As:- 0410 453 896 Today